Today is all about THE DRESS Here are a few tips from a pro and a former bride!
1. It matters where you buy the dress. Experience matters. There are many bridal shops that focus solely on commissions and up-selling. You want to make sure you are going to a salon that will be mindful of your budget, truly listen to what you are looking for and pump you up (while still maintaining honestly) throughout the appointment. Finding the place that best fits YOU, truly matters. Do a little research beforehand, ask for reference, and make sure to check out their selection on Instagram or their website to make sure they carry your style. Check out my local reference list in the comments!
2. Price does NOT matter. Yes, the more you spend sometimes the more you get, but I have seen some of the most beautiful dresses come at discounts. Don’t break your bank just because you think you need to spend that much. Focus on finding the RIGHT dress!
3. Do YOU boo! When choosing the people to bring along on your dress outings, make sure you are bringing people who support your vision, will be honest (but kind), and are body positive! Sometimes it is so hard when we see the dresses on Pinterest and they look different on our own bodies. I know this is something I really struggled with. Bring along people who will encourage you all along the way! Because you are GORGEOUS! And no matter what their vision may be for you, they should be there to support you and YOUR dream dress!
4. Once you find your dream dress, (wooo!) make sure to have it ready BEFORE the big day! Make sure it is altered to fit you perfectly. Spend the money on alterations, it’s worth it. It should fit all your beautiful curves perfectly. Make sure it is steamed. Wrinkles are incredibly hard to edit out. Don’t spend your wedding morning steaming (and sweating), have that ready to go the day before! (Touch up on the day, bring a steamer just in case!) Bring a CUTE hanger! We will be taking lots of photos of it and plastic hangers are just not cute!
5. Don’t just wear it once! Free the Dress from your closet and join me on a “FREE THE DRESS” session! Your dream dress at your dream location! #freethedress