Why is so important to do engagement photos with your wedding photographer BEFORE your wedding?!
Oh wow I have SO much to say on this subject! But I do want to say, if you don’t get photos in before your wedding there is nothing wrong with that! This is just my recommendation!!
1. Just like with your hair and makeup artist, it is important to have a trial before the wedding day! Your wedding day is once in a lifetime photos and you need to make sure that your photographer is the right person for you! Both in style and personality! Making sure they are exactly who you envisioned capturing the best day ever! Make sure you love how they edited and directed you through the photoshoot. These styles will be the same on the wedding day and you need to make sure you feel comfortable and love the way they work! Each photographer is different and there is a photographer out there for every couple!
2. Make sure your personalities match! Your wedding photographer is by your side almost as much as your Fiancé on your wedding day! We are there for all the intimate moments throughout the day and you should make sure that you enjoy this person, they bring good energy and joy to your day, are there to make it about YOU not them. They should be there to serve you and make it the best day possible. This is one of the most important details! Even if you can’t get photos in before the wedding, make sure to do a coffee date or a zoom meeting to get to know each other! Connection is key! Don’t skip this step! Make sure you want to spend the biggest day of your life with your Fiancé AND your wedding photographer! haha
3. It is helpful to the photographer too! It helps us learn your style! What poses you like and dislike, how you take posing direction, how to get those natural smiles out of you and your partner, and little details we pick up on how we can best serve you and capture your unique love story! I love getting to know my clients and each session is different for each client! I like to make sure I am fitting each client’s needs, desires and specific personalities! This then comes through on the wedding day and I am able to bring forth exactly what they envisioned!
4. It help you be more comfortable in front of the camera! With every photoshoot it gets a little easier and a little less scary to be in front of the camera! Because trust me I get it! Being photographed can be scary! I still get nervous sometimes too! I do everything I can to make sure you feel confident, comfortable and natural in front of my camera! My favorite compliments have been from clients who say they don’t like photoshoots, are awkward in front of the camera or are nervous and then at the end say how much fun they had or that it didn’t even feel like a photoshoot! I am all about creating a fun experience, not a still posed photoshoot. They same goes for the wedding day! The more comfortable you are, the more natural the photos will look!
5. It creates a lifelong bond! I love it when I make new friends and lifelong clients from engagement photos, to the wedding day, to being their forever photographer and capturing their growing family! Nothing makes my heart happier!! We become a family and that truly makes a difference in the photos!
Schedule those engagement photos with your photographer, trust me it’s worth it! ✨
Sign up with your email address to be a part of my mailing list. You’ll receive news, announcements, and special discounts!
let's make it happen